Friday, July 17, 2009

Bob Dylan's *Chronicles: Volume 2* ?




Having read and reread Chronicles: Volume 1, I found it to be engrossing, elliptical, groovy, and kaleidoscopic. It seems that three volumes are planned, and I'm eager to devour the next one. But I haven't been able to find out any info on when it'll be published. I Googled a number of pages to no avail, and even the publisher Simon & Schuster had no news that I could discover.

Has anyone heard a rumor or something more solid about when the next book will be released?

9 comments:

  1. It wouldn't surprise me if there were no more. I liked the first one, too -- so much to think about! And so surprising that he cared enough to get so specific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I get a feeling that you're probably right. The original plan for more was, I'm sure, a genuine desire and goal. But things change as years roll.

    This afternoon, I began reading the first one for my third go-round. It's lost none of its fascination, and I'm delighting anew at all those surprising turns of phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read somewhere that vol 1 won the Pulitizer prise ... And ditto that vol 2 will be in the shops by end of this year. But of course this all depends on Bob's feelings about publisher's dead lines! He just might keep it all 'blowing in the wind' for a while longer ... if he can't put down his paint brush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any one heard yet when vol 2 is coming out? I heard it was round about now. And when is he gonna do this record with Macca like he promised?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked vol 1 very much and i read it mostly listening at the same time to Dylan records. That really got me nearer the mind and mood of Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "nearer the mind and mood of Dylan" -- either a groovy or a scary place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i heard that vol. 2 would be in the stores by the end of 2008!! huh??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved chronicles vol 1 and longingly await vol 2 but it may never be. We may just have to be satified with Chronicles vol one . Do love the one book he has shared with us.

    ReplyDelete