Sunday, June 10, 2012

You just never know...

...what you're ignorant about until you discover something (someone) new to you.




Clarice Lispector (1920 - 1977)


Everything I've read this morning about Ms. Lispector is interesting to me, even fascinating. From Ukraine, she ended up in Brazil. What I've read this morning about her writing makes me curious to read her works. Of course, one never knows. What might seem wonderful when projected by her admirers might not end up being to one's liking, being one's kind of thing. We'll see about that. At first glance, it appears she could be a writer I dig.


Here's some links:





Here's a round-table discussion:

Lispector -- from The Quarterly Conversation




By the way, I came across Ms. Lispector while reading the blog "War and Peace -- Crosscurrents in Russian Literature, Film and Music":

War and Peace blog

I happen to think this is a well-written and worthwhile blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment