Friday, August 10, 2012

Dr. Strange does not...

...think about and worry about the kinds of stuff we think about and worry about.  

His thought and worry prepare him against invasions into our reality by dire mystical forms from planes of equivocal being, from inhuman presences desiring to crush our collective sanity. Thank the gods that Dr. Strange is on perpetual introspective duty! 

And we all owe him a cape-sweeping bow of gratitude. 


Page 2 of Doctor Strange #10 (1976)


Panel 1

"Doorways...can it be that I've opened too many of them?

"For days now -- yes, and most especially nights -- I've felt the shadow of some lurking fear...

"...falling Stygian across my shoulders!



Panel 2

"Only I could have sensed its sinister presence. For only I am the Sorcerer Supreme...and yet...

"...the Sorcerer Supreme is but a man, treading warily through the unknown realms of gods.

"I have my many arcane artifacts, to serve as staff and shield...

"...but even the best are imperfect, for they spring from the known realm of man...



Panel 3

"...and any may turn against me, should my will ever wane...

"...as happened with my Orb of Agamotto!



Panel 4

"I am a Master, but in arts neither I nor any other man can ever fully understand...

"...surrounded by the illusions men call reality...

"...and the reality men call illusion...

"...and though I know many doorways to connect the two...



Panel 5

"...I must always remember that doors swing both ways!

"Others know them as well as I, and so...

"...I must stand eternal vigil!



Panel 6

"Even now, something evil seeks entrance!

"I am certain of it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment