Friday, May 17, 2013

Professor Agata Bielik-Robson


Professor Bielik-Robson is the Jewish Studies Chair in the Department of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of Nottingham. Her immensely distinguished career is founded on her research and teaching on modern Jewish thought from Spinoza to Derrida; and the dialogue between contemporary philosophy and theology. 

Her books are mentioned here. The ones that sound fascinating to me are apparently only available in Polish. They are probably way over my head anyway, though I'm sure I would enjoy them in my dilettantish manner. The theme of one book -- cryptotheology in late modernity -- certainly sounds intriguing. The theme of another -- an unfinished Romanticism -- also sounds cool, especially if it begins with Benjamin or sweeps him into the discussion.


And who could turn his back on this early-evening seminar from two days ago?
A research seminar on Professor Bielik-Robson's research on Walter Benjamin and Gershom Scholem's Jewish negative theology in light of their discussion of Kafka

Her paper, which I will be reading today.


Agata Bielik-Robson

No comments:

Post a Comment