Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Dreamworld of Morpheus


Neil Gaiman's The Sandman comic book series consisted of 75 issues, from 1989 to 1996. I have nearly the entire run, missing only numbers 25 and 37.                          .

I'm reading the series again and really enjoying it again. It's pure fantasy. Remarkable stuff. I especially enjoy the images and events taking place in Dreamworld. They are sufficiently eerie, evocative, and disturbing. They are surreal without being stupid and clumsy. Of course, the images and events taking place elsewhere are also groovy. The whole story fabric is complex and marvelously textured.

The Sandman # 1



Years ago, I also purchased three of the ten trade paperback collections. I just found out that these have been reissued, with improved coloring. I might have to get some of these new ones:




No comments:

Post a Comment